Friday, May 15, 2009

Long Weekend



Ahhhh ... a long weekend - first one of the year, except for Easter, of course.

I spent the day at the garden centers - bought a bunch of plants for the front flower bed and the balcony planters. FINALLY I planted something but the weather is still not that warm. It sure did feel good, though, to get my hands around those little plants and put them into fresh, beautiful soil.

I got a call from the surgeon's office today with my surgery date. At first she told me June 18th which I thought was ridiculously far into the future - all of 5 weeks way. Then a couple hours later she called back and said, "can you come on the 4th? We had a cancellation." Of course I said "yes! I can be very flexible." So in 3 weeks I go for my slicing and dicing. Good grief. Can't believe this is happening to me. It seems so surreal.

The hard part is that I feel perfectly fine. You know, when you break a bone or you're bleeding from a cut or you have pain somewhere, or there's a growth or something ... you know that you need to have surgery to get better. That's perfectly normal. But when you don't feel any pain, etc. in the back of your mind you're thinking, "Why would I purposely put myself through that when I feel fine?!" So mentally that's a challenge.

At least now I know a date when I'll have to be off work for a week-plus. A lot to do over the next 3 weeks before I'll be away. I hope I can be productive at work.

But for now I'm going to enjoy the long weekend - it shouldn't rain so it'll be a good opportunity to get more work done in the yard such as digging up those two other hideous flower beds!!!!!

No comments: