So tomorrow I go for my lumpectomy. Yay! Day surgery. Not looking forward to it and yet, I am because I know it'll be behind me then. I'll know for sure what's happening in there! I worry more about the treatment than I do about the surgery. I'm so happy that we found it early and that it will likely be very treatable. The pluses are that we have a brand new hospital, WITH a cancer center right there. Right here in town. It's nice. I don't have to drive to Surrey to get my treatments. So there are silver linings to every cloud, after all!
Mary is so sweet - she gave me a photocopy of the Bible text booklet that she uses all the time. I am taking it with me to read while there. I hope I remember to take it because it's only day surgery and they always come to check on stuff before you go in there anyway. They never leave you alone!!!
I've been through this 4 times before for other minor surgeries so I know what to expect but still I get apprehensive.
Hopefully tomorrow at this time I will be awake enough to type just a little. The surgeon is also removing a couple of lymph nodes and I'm not sure how sore my armpit/arm will be. I will have a drain for a few days. Sick!
No church again this week. Oh well! I am happy that I can stay home for a week to recuperate. Back to work on the 15th, if all goes well!
No comments:
Post a Comment