FINALLY I got a phone call from the surgeon's office with the date for my 2nd surgery - July 16th. Thank goodness! The waiting is really hard. Not knowing. Wondering what's going on in my body. Feeling fine and then breaking down at the silliest things! I've been feeling good mentally for a long time but once in a while I've lost it a little and just cried like a child! I try not to be hard on myself for that because it's only happened a couple of times to date. I think I'm allowed to feel that way from time to time under the circumstances, don't you?
So many people have been praying for me - it's hard for me to wrap my brain around it because I din't think there are that many who really, truly care. Maybe I should open my eyes a little more and see what's going on around me? Or perhaps my expectations are too high that I don't see the good stuff that's right in front of me all the time! Probably the latter huh?
So now I look forward to the next surgery date. Thankfully it's close enough to the first one that I don't need to go for pre-op this time around. They did call me this afternoon and told me to come in then I reminded her that I had just been through pre-op prior to June 4th - she checked the file and sure enough told me that I didn't need to do it this time around. Good. I don't want to be poked by a needle again! I don't even want to go through this 2nd surgery but I know it's what needs to happen, then I can heal up from that, and look forward to the treatments which hopefully will only be radiation and not the full on chemotherapy. With any luck huh?
Counting forward, camp pitch begins on the 19th - I'll have my trailer out there but I won't start working much until Tuesday probably - at least that's my plan. I don't think my boss will mind if I kind of play it by ear which is what I should be doing - not pushing myself just because it's expected of me.
Now I wish I had a pool - it's so hot today and should be the same for the next couple of days. Hard to get any work done in the afternoons because it's just so warm. The house is hot. No A/C.
No comments:
Post a Comment