Yep - suntanning is coming along nicely now. And I AM indeed beginning to develop a slightly tanned colour to my skin. 6 down 14 to go. Rather interesting to be left in a concrete-encased room by myself while the techs run out to "protect" themselves because it's not "safe" for them in the room! Of course, they do this all day long so they do need to protect themselves. For me, as the patient, it's just the right amount of radiation to kill of any undetected cancer cells along with all my healthy ones which will regenerate themselves but the cancer cells can't.
I'll be happy when it's over. Then on to the hormone therapy which is another hurdle in my mind!
I am starting to feel really tired. Today it hit me rather hard, like a wall. But it's fine. I'll get over it. Plan is to do the board meeting on Sunday, then work the week, then take the rest of my vacation, sick time and on to short-term disability until the new year. That's what I'd like to do. I hope I can work it out with my employer.
I'm exhausted. But happy it's the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment