I just love these pics. The last two are kinda how I wish I could spend the rest of this week - doing absolutely nothing. Ha ha! Stephen is off for his Senior Class trip to Apex Mountain near Penticton. I hope he has fun. It's supposed to be no more than -6 Celsius during the day - brrrrrr!I've come up with this new plan for making money - house flipping! Tomorrow Peter and I are off to Chapters to buy a book so we can learn about it and then off to Ikea to buy the little $180 sofa for the family room and a curtain rod; back home to iron out the 100% cotton (yeah, wicked ironing ahead for me) and then hang thm up in the family room. Can't wait to be done with these ugly flower-patterned curtains that we've had for the past 15 years!!!
Greg and Carol were here over the weekend taking care of stuff for her mom who is becoming more and more forgetful, etc. It's just not good to get old. She has an apartment nearby, 2nd floor, 2 bedrooms, 2 bay windows, bright. Mom and dad should think about buying it, at least look at it. It would actually free me from the responsibility of taking care of them just yet. That time will come soon enough but it is not here yet.
It's so nice to know that I don't have to get up early and work, work, work. Wouldn't it be nice not to have to punch the time clock anymore and make money other ways, like house flipping? It would certainly would give the boys some work for the summer and we would pay them their wages for the hours they put in. We would have to calculate all of that out, etc. etc. So much work. Not sure I want to do it, but it certainly would be exciting, wouldn't it?!
Prayers Requests from Abbotsford Church:
1. Pearl Wettstein - double pneumonia after a trip to Egypt and Israel; elderly and probably "won't make it" according to Rebekka.
2. Linden Wettstein - back from hospital but still not well; bad infection, I understand it's the MRSA bug.
3. Caroline's husband - to quit smoking
4. Harvey's sister - to quit smoking
5. Jonathan - 9-year-old boy who can't speak
6. Joel Mosher's family - he died in Philippines while swimming in a river on a work break
No comments:
Post a Comment