Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sundays

I love Sundays. Especially if there are no meetings or events that need to be attended or rushed meals to be prepared for company. That leaves the day open for all sorts of possibilities and believe me, in my head there are a ton of ideas that swirl around, each of which is a "top priority", of course, yet I have to pick and choose which can be reasonably attended to in one day. So what do I do first?

1. Sort through the 7 magazine holders full of "older" mags sitting in the office that I really don't need anymore?
2. Dust the house?
3. Bake cookies which I really don't need to eat anyway?
4. Go to the mall and just "take" the day? But then I don't have any money anyway!
5. Just sit in front of the TV and browse channels and the Internet at the same time?
6. Tackle the work projects that I never have time to do at the office? But that means less time for ME!

So many choices!

Oh yes, then there's the garden - it's waiting for me to help it look better - never did finish cleaning up the front flower bed from its annuals. It looks absolutely horrible now but I decided to let it lie for yet another week.

Well, the first thing was a big cup of strong coffee and a quiet breakfast with my hubby. Then it was off to the garbage dump with stuff that's been lying around for some time now. If we ever move out of this house it'll be a nightmare for sure since we've been "hoarding" stuff here for more than 16 years. It scares me to think what we will all find in the dark recesses of the basement storage rooms nevermind the garage and garden shed. That day is coming eventually, though, if my dream for a smaller house but larger yard are to be realized.

With the filtered sunshine out there it's a good time to head out on the trails with Tess. After a bite to eat.

No comments: