
First, a picture of my freshly coloured "big" hair from a week ago! Hilarious! It was a beautiful sunny and hot afternoon and I enjoyed my time outdoors. Not so the last few days - it's been cool and tonight it should RAIN and only reach something like 13 Celsius tomorrow - crazy! Back to sun and warmth for the weekend, though so that's a good thing!
I'm so happy - I DO NOT need to do chemotherapy! Such a relief. I can handle the radiation and the oncologist is recommending 5 years on Tamoxifen so I'll do that as well. I start daily radiation treatments on Thursday this week and continue to October 7th. EVERY DAY - wow. I went through the planning session already, had the CT scan done and have my little mould for my upper body and my 3 little tattoos for the radiation therapy. I bought the proper skin cream and deodorant and the cotton bra which I hate because it's not underwire! Ah, the "challenge" of radiation therapy - should be "fun" in a way. I look forward to seeing the same people each time I go in, or at least some of the same people.
That's been the one great thing of this experience - the fact that I've met some of the nicest people. Everyone's been wonderful and just so helpful and kind and caring. No one has ever said, "it's not that bad" or "stop complaining" (not that I've been complaining!) but you know, no one has ever said that it could be worse and I'm "lucky". "Fortunate" has been thrown around a litle, but not in the way that I'm silly for feeling any emotion at all!
So, the next step is just ahead in a matter of 2 days and I look forward to getting that under way. I had to get 3 stitches put in 2 weeks ago because the wound just was NOT healing. It has now, though so I'm a happy camper! I just need a lot of vitamin E to get it to heal up really nicely. We will see!!!!
Not much else to report at the moment. Life goes on and things are good.
No comments:
Post a Comment