So yesterday we took a walk along Sumas River. AND WE SAW A BOBCAT! We were walking along heading back to the car when all of a sudden a cat-like creature came up onto the dike from he river. It stopped and look towards us and Ralph said, "oh look - a cat". Tess, of course, saw him and I said, "Oh, she's going to chase after him!" And sure enough she took off. The "cat" turned to face the river, still looking at us and that's when we saw his short tail and Ralph said, "That's a BOBCAT!" and it bounded back down the path from whence it came! Tess ran into the grass at the edge of the trail but she stopped short. I think somehow she sensed this was no ordinary cat - wild, at that! - and she gave up. I had nightmares of trying to untangle her and her leash from the underbrush of wherever she would have ran to trying to catch the bobcat!
SO COOL!
We've seen a bear, coyotes and now a bobcat along that trail! So neat. Wish I had been faster with the camera and taken a picture even though it was against the sun. Even a silhouette would've been acceptable for my album!
Here we are - in our middle-agedness! Check out my hair, though - it's the SAME COLOUR AS THE LEAVES! Not at all my natural colour, that's for sure.
Saw this little guy outside this morning - just before the sun hit him.
Along the Sumas River
The lovely Tessie
No - this wasn't the true colour - we don't have much colour this year because we got rain in September. So this one is slightly touched up - I rather like it.
My "baby" - Stephen - so cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment