Saturday, August 15, 2009



The healing process is a very lengthy one, it turns out. Had a frightening experience with drainage from the incision while at Camp Hope, by myself, with no one there to help me ... suffice to say it was not pleasant and it really freaked me out. Obviously, I'm still okay. Went to the surgeon twice since the surgery. He is happy with the progress. His response, "I wasn't going to go in there a third time!" when I asked him how I managed to get so bruised!

I'm having to still apply a dressing twice a day but hoping that in a week's time or so things will be healed up enough to no longer have to do that. I'm on two weeks off from work and we managed to get to Banff/Canmore for 3 nights. On the 2nd day I got really sick - in this picture I'm smiling but I'm feeling really, really lousy with yet another head cold - the third one since January. Not good. I need to have a few months off work and just take care of myself, I think.

I have an appt with the oncologist on the 24th - can't wait to see what he has to say about my prognosis and recommended treatment!

Anyway, back to our little vacation - it was so nice to be a tourist for a little while. The hotel was really nice. We enjoyed the peace and quiet of Canmore - there were no sirens, we heard nothing from any of the other guests in the hotel and didn't have to listen to anyone else talking than each other! It was lovely! It rained at the end of our day at Banff but not before we were able to fit in a couple of sightseeing things.

Even though it was only 2 whole days, and 2 driving, it felt like a long time actually because we weren't interrupted by other people talking, etc.

Off to Andrea's in a couple of days to do some shopping, movie watching and general vistation!

No comments: