Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vacation/Healing



Ah, finally my incision is completely closed up with no further drainage. Last night was the last time I put a fresh dressing on. This morning, absolutely nothing and it is bonded together now. What a dip in the boob, though. Sick! I am curious to see how it all heals up in the next few weeks and months. Will it fill in somewhat? Will it just remain a strange shape that it now is? Or will it fill in somewhat with fatty tissue? I have an appointment with the oncologist on Monday. I can't wait to go because I'll have more questions answered including the final lab results as to the hormone receptors and the HER2 gene. Those results I don't know about yet and of course right now it's not going to make a hoot of difference since I have to wait 6 weeks post surgery anyway to begin radiation treatments. Maybe they will only recommend hormone therapy? And will I gain weight when I do that? Will they still want to do chemotherapy anyway? All these questions I need to have answered and hopefully will on Monday. I don't plan to go to work on Monday. My appointment is at 8:45 - early.

At the moment we are in Oregon enjoying some R & R, visiting with Andrea and family, playing games, watching movies. Today we drove to Tualatin area to a specific shopping area because it has a Whole Foods. Here's an aisle, with Ralph poking around - he enjoying searching the aisles as much as we did because the products are all so unique.

I spent quite a bit there. Then we walked across and had lunch at the Macaroni Grill - yum! Delish Italian food - a couple of pics of course!

No comments: